FREE DIY Ribbon Storage Hack - Mobile and Easy

I recently went to a "Last Quilters Standing" challenge and one of my quilting projects "Llama Love You" required some ribbons.  I didn't realize how much stuff you had to pack for such an event, but wanted to make sure I had enough  supplies/projects to work on since you couldn't leave to pick anything up.  
I didn't really know what all ribbons I wanted to use on the "Llama Love You" quilt and always over buy, so I decided to bring them all.  Hence the issue of how to transport them all.  I decided to use a cheap clothes hanger - the kind you get from the cleaners!  I just untwisted the twisty part at the top, slid the ribbons on and twisted it back!!!  It worked great.  I could hang the ribbons from my chair to audition them for the quilt and unroll them with ease!!!
Once home, I displayed my ribbon hanger on my thread holder to add a little more sparkle/color to my sewing room.  The great thing about this hack is that you can easily add/remove ribbons for mobile transport!!!



No comments

Back to Top